- CLME: TV_Subecosystems_Mangroves(D)_20171204_noscale
- Not Specified
+ The original author did not specify a license.
This layer (zip file) shows the coverage of mangroves in the Wider Caribbean Region (data from 2010). The mangrove habitat lies within the "Coral reef sub-ecosystem" which also hosts coral reefs and seagrasses. This sub-ecosystem receives special attention in the CLME+ SAP due to the importance of mangroves for coastal protection and nursery ground for fish species, among others.
- Pubblication Date
- June 2, 2019, 1:34 p.m.
- Vector Data
- features , mangroves , mangroves_2 , Wider Caribbean
- Habitats & Ecosystems
- Information about Habitats&Ecosystems
- Giri C, Ochieng E, Tieszen LL, Zhu Z, Singh A, Loveland T, Masek J, Duke N (2011). Status and distribution of mangrove forests of the world using earth observation satellite data (version 1.3, updated by UNEP-WCMC). Global Ecology and Biogeography 20: 154-159. URL: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1466- 8238.2010.00584.x/abstract ; http://data.unep-wcmc.org/datasets/4 Published by the World Conservation and Monitoring Centre (WCMC).
The use of this layer is important to identify locations where mangroves are abundant. Other data can be overlaid to analyze the status of conservation (e.g…
- Data Quality
- Geographic coordinate system WGS84, not projected.
- Supplemental Information
The user is invited to deeply zoom in in the data viewer to identify the detailed features of the dataset.
Data derived from earth observation satellite ima…